Building Strong Families Evaluation
The fifth and final session of Building Strong Families was held on Monday, November 1 at the Cape Area Family Resource Center. A total of 14 adults and 11 youth participated in at least three classes. Five adults were recognized for perfect attendance!
Evaluation findings included:
- 14 (100%) felt the classes were very helpful
- 8 (100%) of those who brought youth felt the youth classes were very helpful.
- 10 (71%) are spending more time with their children
- 86% agreed to recommend these sessions to others and would be interested in additional sessions/parenting information
When asked to share something that they learned, these were the comments they shared:
- I learned how to assist my children in their learning process. I also learned how to be a better parent in general. Children depend on parents to teach them. I learned that parents are the child’s most important teacher.
- I learned how to read to my child and how to spend more time with my family.
- I learned that watching TV can cause ADHD in children under 2 years.
- I learned that you should spend 16 minutes a day reading to your children.
- I learned how to de-stress.
- I learned that there is more than one way to teach my children.
- I learned tips on reading.
- I learned different ways to be more involved in my children’s lives at home and at school.
- I learned what role each member plays in our family and how to identify their strengths.