Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
CONGRATULATIONS! The Coalition was recently awarded a Basic Support Grant by MO Foundation for Health. The grant will provide $64,000 over the next two years and will help the Coalition to accomplish the following:
- Provide partial compensation of current employees (1 full time and 2 part time positions) and possibly another part time position.
- Purchase technology equipment.
- Purchase program curriculum, survey instruments, postage and other printed prevention materials.
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Back To School Fair – August 4, 12:00-5:00pm at Salvation Army
- SEMO District Fair – September 10-17 at Arena Park
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 10:30am at Kasten Community Development Center, 937 Broadway, Suite 102, Cape Girardeau. Coalition Chair is Ellen Carlson, Account Executive at Mississippi River Radio.
RISE ABOVE CAMPAIGN – ATTENTION TEENS!
Have you seen the new RISE ABOVE commercials? Our Coalition wants to know what you do to rise above and remain drug free. What are you into? Sports? Drama? Art? Skateboarding?
Make a video and post it on Rise Above (our new youth Facebook page) and who flows? You might be the next local prevention star!
Go to our recently revised website www.mychildourfuture.org for more information or call Shelly Wood at (573) 587-1921.